Monday, April 21, 2008

Some Reactions and Questions

I'm going to post this letter from a fan and ask Christian Frank to answer some of the questions within it. Like I said, we can't answer questions that would spoil the plots of the other books, but we'll try to tell you what we can!

Feel free to post in the comments boxes!

Hi Regina! I just read John Paul 2 High: Catholic, Reluctantly and I thought I'd let you know what I thought! I also have some questions. Most of them aren't spoilery, so you probably won't have to be coy, as you say. ;)

When you said that the series would deal with things that Catholic teens deal with... I didn't realize how much I would be able to relate, or understand what those kids were going through. The dialogue was so real, and way to go on having photographs of the characters! The story just played out like a movie for me, because the characters didn't look like drawings in my mind. The only thing that bothered me (and I know you've heard this before) were the IM conversations. Yes, I know some teenagers use "2" for "to." As if the extra letter will kill them. But Celia spelled correctly, at least! My IMming tends to be more like hers, but I capitalize letters.

I loved the characters. I had read the first few chapters online a few times, and it was so weird to realize suddenly that there was MORE to the book than that! And that these people were characters... real characters... I don't know how to explain it, and I'm doing a horrible job of it, but I loved them.

The book was really funny. I loved J.P. :D He had me laughing almost anytime he said something!

Now for my questions:

Was Celia supposed to be St. Cecilia for the All Saints Day party?

Is there any hope for Tyler? Will he ever become a nice person who isn't a sick jerk? Preferrably a Catholic person? I know this is a rather spoilery question, but I just need to know if there's hope. It seems like there's a part of him that wants the truth, even though he's currently too lazy to actually look for it.

Are any of the kids confirmed? I'm guessing Celia is at least, but I'm not so sure about George and Allie and the rest. If not, will we get to see anything like that? I'd love to see Allie's confirmation.

Will there be more students at JP2H with each book? Every few books? At all? Will we get to know any of these kids, or will they just be there to make the school bigger?

Will we get things from Celia's perspective sometimes? Or any of the other JP2H-ers?

That's all. Thanks for working so hard to get good Catholic books out there for teens! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment